Trust your documentation management to a company that provides you easy access
- Easy dictation and transmission through mobile devices (such as iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch), voice recording devices or telephone
- Fast medical transcription or speech-to-text, then secure delivery to your information system
- Easy access to your documentation through STARS®, Silent Type Automated Records System
When you work with Silent Type, you benefit from three decades of transcription and documentation management experience. In fact, working with us is so easy, you’ll hardly notice we’re there. Here’s the documentation process we’ve spent 30 years perfecting:
- Step 1 – Dictation capture: Using something as ubiquitous as a telephone or as intelligent as an iPad, physicians dictate their notes and transmit them to Silent Type’s voice server.
- Step 2 – Assignment: Our voice server organizes the dictation files, matches the voice data with ADT data from your Hospital Information System, and makes the combined files available to transcriptionists dedicated to your account.
- Step 3 – Transcription: Silent Type transcriptionists type your dictation and deliver it to our transcription system. Our transcriptionists exhibit accuracy rates of better than 99 percent.
- Step 4 – Archiving and delivery: Following a quality assurance process, completed transcription is sent securely to your Hospital Information System. Copies of this documentation are stored in STARS® (Silent Type Automated Records System) and are backed up in our data safe.
- Step 5 – Distribution: Documentation is made available from your Hospital Information System to physicians, departments (such as Health Information Management) and information systems (such as Electronic Medical Records Systems). Approved staff may also access this same documentation through STARS via secure internet connection. If necessary, these clinical notes can be printed and stored.
Silent Type also offers speech-to-text, providing you with high quality transcription at lightning speeds.
- Step 1 – Dictation capture: Physicians dictate their notes and transmit them to Silent Type’s voice server.
- Step 2 – Assignment: The Silent Type voice server matches the voice data with ADT data from your Hospital Information System, and sends combined files along to our speech server.
- Step 3 – Processing: Silent Type’s speech-to-text engine translates your dictation into text, then sends it to the physician for review, or, if you choose, to our transcriptionists for verification.
- Step 4 – Archiving and delivery: Completed transcription is sent securely to your Hospital Information System. In addition, copies of this documentation are stored in STARS® (Silent Type Automated Records System) and are backed up in our data safe.